Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Personal Goals of a Personal Trainer...

     So I made the decision last summer to go to Liberty, but still had no idea what I wanted to major in. I have always had a passion for sports and knew that I couldn't do something behind a desk, but I wasn't sure where that left me.
     As of late, however, I have developed a real passion for fitness. I am paranoid about keeping up with exercise and am very fascinated by the biology of it all. I looked into several different careers involving such things in order to try and find a goal before I started down a path. Physical Therapy and Athletic training were always options, but tended to be more of the rehabilitation aspect of physical wellness. Personal Training, however, interested me much more. I get to spend time doing and learning about what I love, but also have a rewarding career helping others achieve their personal goals. It is a career that utilizes a lot of my skills as a person, and is something that I believe I was made to do.
     As many of you know, I have decided to enter into Liberty's "Exercise Science" program to earn my Bachelor's.
     Howwwwwever. Many of you might not know that I recently started towards my ISSA (International Sports Science Association) personal trainer certification. What this means is that once I finish my program and get my certification, I will be qualified to work at almost any gym, country club, spa, etc. As a personal trainer.
     I believe this will provide me with several very important things. Connections in the industry, a good part-time job to help keep me afloat through college, and valuable work experience in the field that I hope to eventually end up in.
     So, if all goes as planned, in four years I will have my bachelor's degree in exercise science, i'll be graduating with several years of work experience, and hopefully will be on my way towards opening up my own gym someday. I really appreciate all of the support that I receive on a consistent basis from all of you guys and really couldn't imagine taking this journey without you. Thanks so much!
Godbless

No comments:

Post a Comment